Welcome to Fpstips.com!

This is a forum for gamers who are passionate about First-Person Shooters! Register Now!

XDefiant server test thoughts and reflections.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Well I was able to play in the server test session for XDefiant and will have to say that it was a "decent" experience. The overall gameplay was smooth and I enjoyed the mechanics , but being a mainly Call of Duty player and not being able to mantle over the majority of objects in maps was quite annoying. I do like the modes, however it would be nice to have a regular TDM or Search and Destroy type gamemode. The servers felt fine for me but one of the main complaints that I saw in the community was too many "tryhards". This was to be expected as this is simply the state of gaming and you need to adjust. Some games for me felt like it was as CDL tournament final and others felt like bot lobbies, though the majority of lobbies were extremely sweaty. This is obviously due to the fact that most of the players that played in the server test were COD players with years of experience and it was only next gen consoles and PC gamers.

Overall I enjoyed my experience this weekend, now hopefully the devs don't leave the community in limbo for months and keep us updated on the progress of XDefiant, as I believe it will be a decent FPS game.

Back